Who is it for?
This Course is for anyone who wants to develop the skills and confidence to make objective decisions when on the receiving end of difficult or potentially aggressive behavior
Why Come on the Course?
Do you sometimes get emotionally involved in work conversations? Do you find it hard to be objective and take your own feelings and judgements out of situations? Do you often dread or put off having that tricky chat and hope the situation will just go away? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then this course is definitely for you
Come and explore the next steps you can take to have those conversations in an objective way and develop the confidence and skills to create a win-win situation
Conflict is an intrinsic and inevitable part of our working lives. When we are confronted by it, there are typically two responses: we either tackle it head on or we avoid it completely. Both of these methods ultimately result in difficult situations. These can be painful, costly and uncomfortable.The Conflict Managemen Course is about developing the confidence to make objective decisions when on the receiving end of another person’s difficult or aggressive behavior.
What is it?
An interactive course, using our professional actors, that is designed to help all employees at any level apply a range of skills and techniques that can be used to diffuse difficult situations. You will then be given the tools to take the first steps to develop and maintain positive working relationships
What will I do on the day?
You will explore some fundamental tips and techniques to be able to deal confidently and effectively with a variety of difficult or conflict situations in the workplace. Following on from the theory, you will be given the opportunity to put these skills into practice using your very own bespoke scenarios and case studies.
Your takeaways from the course will enable you to:
- Recognise potential conflict situations
- Understand the skills and techniques that can be used to prevent it from escalating
- Understand the part that emotions can play in the escalation of conflict situations
- Confidently intervene in a conflict situation
- Prevent further escalation and deal effectively with the emotions of those involved
- Demonstrate the skills and techniques that can be used to manage conflict situations effectively
- Demonstrate High Quality Communication Skills including questioning, positive language, body language, tone of voice and active listening
What we will explore
This is an interactive course, using our professional actors, in which we will explore how to effectively deal with conflict situations in the workplace and at the same time enabling you to build and maintain positive working relationships.
The course is delivered with a blend of practical activities and discussion supported by relevant pieces of theory.
During the course of the day we will explore:
- How to prevent conflict from escalating
- The skills needed to take emotion out of the situation
- The Behaviour Cycle
- Transactional Analysis
- Positive, powerful and persuasive language
- one of voice
- Body Language
- The differences between Submissive, Aggressive and Assertive Behaviours
What will I learn?
Having attended our Conflict Management course, you will have explored:
- How the choices you make can influence the emotions and behaviours of others
- The skills required to effectively diffuse a potentially difficult or aggressive situation
- Demonstrating confidence and competence in a variety of conflict management situations
- Skills to portray confidence and assertiveness
- How to be objective and take the emotion out of the conversation
- How to recognise the behaviour cycle and stop your emotional triggers from being pushed