Why Come on the Course?
Do you sometimes wonder why your team behave in a certain way? Are you curious to understand why you respond the way you do? Do you wish know what pushes your emotional triggers, and those of your team? Are you wanting to work in a more harmonious workplace? Would you like to be able to read and respond effectively to the emotions of your team? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions then this course is definitely for you.
This course focuses on understanding how emotion impacts both work performance and relationships in the workplace.
What is it?
This course will help you understand how emotion impacts on work performance and relationships within your organisation. You will explore how to manage your emotions effectively, what impact they have on those around you and how you can begin to understand the behaviours and emotions of your team. You will look at what you can control and influence in your work roles and how to make good use of your own emotional intelligence.
What will I do on the day?
Having attended our Emotional Intelligence Course for managers you will have developed an understanding of why you react and respond in the way that you do and how you may come across to your team. You will have looked at ways you can improve your most challenging relationships and studied why our own learned beliefs actually shape our behaviour and emotions.
Your takeaways will include:
- Focusing on how to assess and further develop your own self awareness
- Knowing ways in which you can manage your emotions effectively and keep them in check
- Tips and techniques for great ways to communicate with the emotional demands of your team
- Ways to manage relationships with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Begin to understand what areas are in your own control and what you can influence
What we will Explore
The course will be delivered in a highly interactive & practical manner. Whilst there will be some theory, the majority of the time will be spent looking at your own emotional intelligence and how you can best use it to lead and manage your team
We will look at theory, some Emotional intelligence models including the OK Coral, Circle of Influence and the Accountability ladder. Practical activities will show how you can have maximum impact by ensuring your body language and voice are congruent with the message you are delivering
During the course of the day we will explore:
- What is Emotional Intelligence
- How we can best use it?
- Why do we let our emotions get in the way
- Our learned behaviour and underlying beliefs
- Looking at our teams behaviour and why we respond to it in the way we do
- Examining what is within our control and influence and what isn’t
- The skills needed to read and respond to the emotions of others, especially within our teams
- What is empathy and how can we show empathy to others and create better working relationships
What will I learn?
Having attended our Emotional Intelligence Course for Managers you will have explored:
- Your own level of Emotional Intelligence
- Ways to improve your Emotional intelligence
- Exceptional Communication skills to use when interacting with others
- Body language, positive language and tone of voice
- Things that you can influence and are in your control
- Ways to keep your own emotions in check
- Tips to read and respond effectively to your team’s emotions and behaviours
- How your learned behaviours and underlying beliefs affect your responses to others