Why Come on the Course?
Do you require a better understanding of the law regarding Inclsuion, Equality and Diversity? Are you looking for a truly positive culture at work where all individuals are respected? Do you want to know what your individual responsibilities are regarding Inclusion,Equality and Diversity? Do you want to be part of a team where people genuinely value each other? Do you want to know the steps you can take to challenge discrimination at work?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, then this course is definitely for you.
What is it?
A highly interactive, educational, lively and fun course using two professional actors and our expert Inclusion, Equality and Diversity trainer. We bring the Equality Act 2010 to life and clearly explain the legislation in a very fun and practical way. We cover the 9 Protected Characteristics and the 4 types of discrimination.
What will I do on the day?
An interactive session which is a blend of live actor scenarios, discussions, practical activities, legislation explanations, recent relevant case studies and a EdRespect© Board Game. After the course you will have a greater understanding of what the Equality Act 2010 means to you as an individual in the workplace.
Your takeaways will be:
- Actor Scenes You will observe 4 scenes (performed live by our actors) based on real life case studies showing the 9 protected characteristics. This will enable you to learn more about them and how you personally can avoid discrimination through what you say and do.
- Discrimination We will look at the 4 types of discrimination and what they mean – Direct, Indirect, Victimisation and Harassment.
- The Legal Bit We will look at the 9 protected characteristics – age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Ted EDRESPECT© Game We will play our Ted EDRESPECT© Image game – this is a board game where the delegates are put into teams are asked E&D questions from one of the 9 protected characteristics.
What we will explore?
A very fun and lively course where you will spend time observing our actors play out scenarios where the law has been breached.
Following each scene there is a group discussion about what has just happened, why discrimination has taken place, the impact it has had and how the situation could escalate. We then explore how it could have been avoided.
During the course of the day we will explore:
- Legislation affecting the 9 protected characteristics
- Up to date and relevant case studies
- What Equality and Diversity means to you as an individual
- How you can promote Respect and Inclusion within your organisation
- Steps you can take to challenge discrimination
What will I learn?
Having attended our Equality and Diversity Session you will have explored:
- The 9 characteristics that are protected by the Equality Act 2010