Why come on the course?
This is highly practical training using actors, participants and the facilitator as a working model, bringing in participants’ previous experience in a safe environment conducive to real learning. ted's training is designed to give participants real experience of facilitation, and of the challenges it presents.
This is an engaing and highly participative course designed to help delegates achieve a practical understanding of the process and skills of facilitation.
Who Should Attend?
Facilitation is a key skill for anyone who is in a team, leading a project team, heading up a working group or managing a department. The benefit of our Facilitation Skills training course is that participants learn how to make meetings more productive and engaging, drive actions and increased responsibility. Delegates learn how to tackle complex issues and understand how to deal with different behaviours during meetings or other facilitated sessions.
- Develop the skills and confidence to help groups take ownership
- Understand the benefits and application of facilitation.
- Make action planning and problem solving more interactive.
- Use facilitation interventions to maximise contributions within a group
- Identify and improve your strengths as a facilitator.
What will I do on the day?
This courses works on increasing skills and confidence, whilst also looking at how to create a memorable, productive and engaging facilitation environment This is a great course to top up even the best Facilitation Skills.
You will Takeaway an understanding of:
- Different Learning Styles You will explore the 3 different learning styles – Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic and look at ways you can appeal to all 3 styles
- Exceptional Communication Skills You will explore in detail how your tone of voice and body language hugely impact the message that is received by your group
- Positive, Powerful and Engaging Language You will examine how much weight certain words and phrases can have and how this can greatly effect the group you are facilitating
- How to design a meaningful Facilitation session We will look at tips, techniques and tools to design a really credible, useful, fun and meaningful Facilitation session
- How you come across as a Facilitator You will be given specific feedback as to what it felt like to be on the receiving end of you and your Facilitation session
What we will explore?
Our Facilitation Skills workshop is designed to develop and refresh a facilitator’s ability to run engaging, productive and effective Facilitation sessions.
During the course of the day we will explore:
- Best Practice in Facilitating
- Designing Facilitating Sessions with different learning styles in mind
- Active Listening
- Cracking TED Questions
- Empathy, rapport and building relationships with the group
- Tone of Voice, body language and high quality language
- Understanding group dynamics
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Keeping the meeting/discussion on track
- Not having your own agenda and remaining impartial
- Enabling the group to problem solve
- Ways to include all parties
What will I learn?
As a result of attending our Train the Trainer course you will have explored:
- The attributes of an outstanding trainer
- Tips and techniques around high quality Communication
- How you come across to others when facilitating
- Designing a meaningful training session
- Different ways to assess learning
- Different learning styles
- Dealing with difficult learners
- Ways to keep your learners energized and engaged