Who is it For?
This course is for anyone who wished to improve their skills and confidence in the art of Facilitation.
Why Come on The Course?
Do you sometimes attend meetings that you feel have a been a waste of time? Did you spend time in the meeting discussing when you are having your next meeting? Are you wanting to keep discussion on track, enable the group to generate ideas and achieve more productive results? Do you wish to gain confidence as a facilitator and learn to be wholly objective and less subjective? Do you want to save yourself and others time and energy? If you have answered Yes to any of these questions – then this course is for you
What will I do on the day?
This courses works on increasing skills and confidence, whilst also looking at how to create a memorable, productive and engaging facilitation environment. This is a great course to top up even the best Facilitation Skills.
What is it?
An interactive session that uses multi-media, theory, discussions and practical activities to give a fully rounded training day, appealing to all learning styles.
Best practice will be shared, discussed and applied: You will be asked to deliver a snapshot of your own facilitation session and receive feedback from the trainer and the rest of the group.
You will takeaway an understanding of:
- Different Learning Styles You will explore the 3 different learning styles – Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic and look at ways you can appeal to all 3 styles
- Exceptional Communication Skills You will explore in detail how your tone of voice and body language hugely impact the message that is received by your group
- Positive, Powerful and Engaging Language You will examine how much weight certain words and phrases can have and how this can greatly effect the group you are facilitating
- How to design a meaningful Facilitation session We will look at tips, techniques and tools to design a really credible, useful, fun and meaningful Facilitation session
- How you come across as a Facilitator You will be given specific feedback as to what it felt like to be on the receiving end of you and your Facilitation session
What we will explore?
Our Facilitation Skills workshop is designed to develop and refresh a facilitator’s ability to run engaging, productive and effective Facilitation sessions
During the course of the day we will explore:
- Best Practice in Facilitating
- Designing Facilitating Sessions with different learning styles in mind
- Active Listening
- Cracking TED Questions
- Empathy, rapport and building relationships with the group
- Tone of Voice, body language and high quality language
- Understanding group dynamics
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Keeping the meeting/discussion on track
- Not having your own agenda and remaining impartial
- Enabling the group to problem solve
- Ways to include all parties