Why come on the course?
This course is for any employee who wants to improve their influencing skills to achieve better results.
Do you often get told “no?’ Do you find it frustrating when people don’t do what you ask them?
If you’ve answered Yes to these questions then this course is definitely for you. Our session will focus on understanding the behaviours that will increase your power of influence.
We will explore the psychology of influence, how to develop sustainable win:win relationships and specifically how to influence for productive profitable outcomes.
We will look at 3 key models of influence that will greatly increase the results you want when working with others.
What is it?
The course will explore best practice in ethical influence. You will use current situations to develop your skills, assessing where you could benefit from increasing your power of influence. Influencing without authority is a multi-factorial approach and we will provide you with the approaches that work brilliantly and look at the reasons why other approaches constantly fail.
What will I do on the day
Having attended our Influencing Skills Course, you will have an increased understanding of what motivates people to take action.
The session will help to build your confidence and ability to plan all your forthcoming interactions with peers, managers, direct reports, key stakeholders and any other contacts you need to influence at work.
Your takeaways will include:
- Self- Management Tools The ability to ensure that you are able to choose your response to situations.
- Ways to motivate others Understanding the key factors that motivate people will enable you to plan your approach to individuals. Motivation is a complex topic we will help you to adopt a flexible approach to ensure you are a successful influencer. .
- Stakeholder mapping Knowledge is power, knowing all of the stakeholders and their needs will assist you in your quest to influence the outcome so hit objectives and KPIs.
- Real life planning. Looking at your next project or interactions that require you to influence, you will spend time planning your options and approach to the situation.
What we will explore?
The course will be delivered in a highly interactive, practical way. Whilst there will be some theory, that majority of the time will be spent actually practising your approach.
We will look at theory, some models of influence and how to have maximum impact by ensuring your body language and voice are congruent with the message you are trying to deliver.
During the course of the day we will explore:
- What is Influencing?
- Positional power
- Influencing without authority
- Beliefs about influencing
- Common mistakes
- Planning to influence
- Body language & Influencing
What will I learn?
Having attended our Influencing Skills Course you will have explored:
- Developing your influencing approach
- Identifying situations both internally and externally that are dependent on your influencing skills
- Growing in confidence and improve your own personal effectiveness when in influential situations
- Exceptional Communication skills to use when influencing
- Body language, positive language and tone of voice
- The 3 key models of Influence