Who is it for?
This course is for managers, Recruiters, HR Professionals and anyone who would like to conduct interviews more brilliantly.
Why Come on the Course?
Do you want to be known as an exceptional interviewer? Do you want your interviewees to leave with a positive impression of you and your organisation? Are you wanting high staff retention? Do you want the best person possible for the job? Do you want to feel extremely confident that all your interview questions are legal, fair and appropriate?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, then this course is definitely for you
What is it?
A highly interactive, educational, lively and very fun course using 2 professional actors and our expert recruitment trainer. Using our 4 Step Ted Model, GASP© we will explore the do’s and don’ts of interviewing including preparation, recruitment legislation and the importance of the candidate experience.
What will I do on the day?
An interactive session which is a blend of theory, live actor scenarios, discussions and practical activities. After the course you will be comfortable in the knowledge that any interviews you go on to conduct are delivered in a fair, professional and legal manner
- Planning for your interview
- How to conduct interviews
- The Legal Bit
- Different generations
You will gain an understanding of how to plan for the interview, steps you need to take, and practical things you will need to consider eg room layout/access etc.
You will spend time looking at really great interview questions, how to probe and to get the best out of your interviewee. Active Listening, communications skills and note taking will be covered. You will examine ways to ensure all candidates are assessed consistently and fairly.
We will cover off some of the Equality Act 2010 implications for recruiting including which questions are illegal eg Have you got childcare in place?
We will discuss the latest research on how certain generation groups (Baby Boomers, Gen X and Gen Y) have very different needs and how we we can tailor the recruitment experience specifically for each.
What will I learn?Having attended our Interview Skills Session you will have explored
- How to prepare for and conduct a highly effective interview
- The legislation impacting interviewing and what you can’t ask!
- The different ways candidates look for jobs in the market place
- What brilliant communication skills looks like including body language and tone of voice
- How to create a positive experience for the candidate
- Our Ted GASP© Model to give you a robust 4-step Interviewing Structure
What will I learn
A very fun and lively course where you will spend time observing our actors play out an interview scenario. From this you will begin to draw out what best practice does and doesn’t look like. You will also get the opportunity to meet the candidate afterwards and find out how they were feeling during the interview and afterwards. You also get to give the Interviewer feedback on how you think they did!
During the course of the day we will explore:
- Legislation affecting Interviewing
- Excellent communication Skills
- How to prepare for an Interviews
- The 4 –step Ted GASP© Model for a robust Interview structure
- How to Conduct an Interview
- Listening and questioning techniques
- Other Selection methods