What will I learn?
This course is for any manager or leader who wishes to improve their communication skills and create a more positive work environment for themselves and their team.
Why Come on the Course?
Does sometimes the message you deliver differ from the message that is received? Do you find people don’t do specifically what you’ve asked them to? Are you sometimes frustrated that you just can’t get your point across? Are you constantly not getting the answers you want? Fed up with being told No? Do you sometimes wonder why you bothered to have the conversation in the first place? Does it sometimes feel when talking to certain colleagues that you are flogging a dead horse?
If you have answered Yes to any of these questions then this course is definitely for you
What is it?
A highly interactive session that uses an expert in Communication Skills plus 2 professional live actors. You will observe various scenarios where poor communication has taken place and then will start to draw out from them what high quality communication looks like. Having received lots of tips and techniques you will be given the opportunity to practice your own communications in a safe and confidential environment
What will I do on the day?
This course will enable you to communicate at a high level, influence others, get better results for yourself, portray more confidence and create a more productive work environment for yourself and your team
Your takeaways From the Course
- An understanding of what high quality communication looks, sounds and feels like
- A variety of skills and techniques that you can use to positively influence others
- More confidence and knowledge around how to get your message across effectively
- Tips and techniques to become more assertive
- Ways to build rapport, trust and empathy with others
- Techniques to keep your own emotions in check when they get triggered
What we will explore
Through a mixture of theory and practical activities with our actors, you will explore what high quality communication looks like and the skills and behaviours required to be amazing at it!
During the course of the day we will explore:
- Questioning Techniques
- Active Listening
- Ways to show positive body language and tone of voice
- Communication styles
- Transactional Analysis
- WIIFM (What’s in it for me)
- Influencing skills
- Positive, powerful and engaging language
What will I learn?
Having completed our High Quality Communications Course you will have explored:
- New skills and behaviours to help you achieve more positive out comes
- Increased confidence
- Experiencing delivering a message in a high quality way
- Highly effective questioning and listening techniques
- Ways to prevent conversations from escalating into conflict
- Selling the benefits to the person you are communicating with
- Your tone of voice and body language
- How you come across when communicating to others including your team
- Your own communication style and how to adapt it to influence others