Why come on the course?
This highly interactive and ‘hands on’ course using ted Actors to provide you with the opportunity to develop the skills and behaviours of a good negotiator. You will learn how to enable and facilitate decisions to achieve win/win outcomes. Our course provides all the skills those with a sales function need to conduct profitable negotiations and maintain positive long-term business relationships.
Who Should Attend?
We have to negotiate often at work, and not just in a meeting room or Sales environment. This practical workshop will help participoants to negotiate with more awareness, improve results and build better, more trusting relationships in the process. By the end of the workshop, delegates will have put theory into practice by working with professional actors
What will I do on the day?
By the end of the course delegates will have:
- Received feedback on what it is like to be on the receiving end of their own behavior
- Looked at ways to build trust and rapport with people
- Examined powerful, persuasive and influential language
- Dealt with objections and discovered new ways of handling them
- Recognise when and how to close the deal
- Develop a negotiation strategy that supports rapport building
- Apply effective communication skills in negotiation
- How to get past deadlocks and achieve agreements.
Your TakeawaysYour takeaways will include:
- Knowing when to negotiate We look at when you should negotiate and when you shouldn’t.
- Knowing how to increase your personal confidence Generating options and having the confidence to do this is crucial in negotiating. For a series of situations, we will get you to practise doing this.
- Negotiation activity Having learnt the skills, you will then get to put them into practise in a lively activity.
- Real life planning. Looking at your next negotiation, you will spend time planning your options and approach to the interaction.
What we will explore?
The course will be delivered in a highly interactive & practical manner. Whilst there will be some theory, the majority of the time will be spent planning your real-life negotiations.
We will look at theory, some models of negotiation and how to have maximum impact by ensuring your body language and voice are congruent with the message you are delivering
During the course of the day we will explore:
- What are negotiations?
- When should we negotiate?
- The Negotiation game
- Beliefs about negotiations
- Common mistakes
- The 10 steps to great negotiation
- Planning your proposal
- Delivering your proposal
What will I learn?
Having attended our Negotiation Skills Course you will have explored:
- Developing your own Negotiating Style
- Identifying situations both internally and externally that are dependent on your negotiating skills
- Growing in confidence to improve your negotiating skills
- Exceptional Communication skills to use when negotiating
- Body language, positive language and tone of voice
- The 10 Step model to brilliant negotiating
- Planning your next negotiation and have a plan ready for implementation