This Presentation Skills Course is for any manager or leader who wishes to improve their presentation skills around delivering team briefings, running team meetings, presentation design, content and delivery.
Who is it for?
Do you get nervous when presenting? Do you want to have more of an impact when delivering team briefings or running a team meeting? Do you want to get it over with as quickly as possible? When designing your presentation, is opening powerpoint the first thing you do? During your presentation, do you hope no-one will have any questions for you? Are you sweating up now just thinking about presenting!?
If you have answered Yes to any of the above questions, then this course is definitely for you
A practical course where you get the opportunity to design and deliver your own presentation/team briefing plus receive feedback on your own specific delivery style
What is it?
An interactive session full of top tips and techniques that will help you design and deliver your presentation/team briefing. You will look at how to deliver your message in an impactful way to ensure your audience remains engaged throughout
What will I do on the day
You will get the chance to watch a live actor present, receive feedback from the ted Learning Team as to how it felt being on the receiving end of you, and leave with great tips around handling nerves and presenting with confidence
- How to design an impactful and engaging presentation
- Master powerful & effective verbal & non-verbal communication techniques
- Dealing With Nerves
- Visual aids
Consider who your audience is, what they want to get out of the presentation and what your specific key messages are.
What does confident look like? We will examine body language, tone of voice and positive, engaging language
We will explore steps you can take to limit your nerves and not let them get in the way of your delivery
We will look at ways these can appropriately support your key messages – when, if and how to use PowerPoint, Prezi or Keynote.
What will I explore?
The course will be delivered with an expert trainer and professional actor. They will share superb techniques to help you with delivering a high impact, energised, relevant and confident presentation. They will watch you present and give you specific feedback regarding your content, visual aids, tone of voice, body language and personal style
During the course you will explore
- What an excellent presenter looks like
- Your personal brand and how you wish to come across
- Positive, powerful, persuasive and engaging language
- A robust structure to run the Q and A session
- The impact of knowing your audience
- How to deal with nerves and deliver with confidence
- How to effectively use visual aids
- Your own learning style and how to appeal to all styles
- The design stage using our Ted Spider Model
What will I have learned?
As a result of attending our Presentation Skills course you will have explored:
- Ways to deliver confidently and passionately
- Tips and techniques to give you credibility as a presenter
- High Quality Communication techniques
- A straightforward robust design structure
- Appealing to different learning styles
- Ways to sell the benefits of your message to the audience
- Relaxation techniques and nerve management tips
- An in-depth analysis of your key messages
- Ways to get your personal brand over
- Innovative ways to use visual aids