Who is it For?
This Course is for Training professionals at any level who want to increase their skills and levels of confidence. You will benefit from this ted course if you are new to training or already have a responsibility for training and you want to improve your current training skills and techniques. Whether training is the major part of your role, or just a small aspect of your job, ted's train the trainer course will help you design and deliver effective training programmes.
Why come on this course
Do you sometimes feel you want to get more from your learners? Are you frustrated when you can’t get the delegates to engage properly? Do you sometimes feel your learners aren’t really that bothered by what you are teaching them? Are you looking for more fun and innovative ways of engaging with your people? After the 50th time you’ve delivered your induction Course are you now bored of it? If you have answered Yes to any of these questions – then this course is for you
What will I do on the day?
This courses works on increasing skills and confidence, whilst also looking at how to create a memorable, engaging and fun training environment. This is a great course to top up even the best of training skills.
What is it?
An interactive session that uses multi-media, theory, discussions and practical activities to give a fully rounded training day, appealing to all learning styles.
You will observe the professional actor deliver a training session and then draw out from that what best practice looks like. You will be asked to deliver a snapshot of your own training session and receive feedback from the training team and the rest of the group.
You will takeaway an understanding of:
- Different Learning Styles You will explore the 3 different learning styles – Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic and how you can create different activities in your training sessions to appeal to all 3 styles
- Exceptional Communication Skills You will explore in detail how your tone of voice and body language hugely impact the message that is received by your learners
- Positive, Powerful and Engaging Language Through the use of the actor you will examine how much weight certain words and phrases can have and how this can greatly affect the learners experience
- How to design a meaningful training session We will look at tips, techniques and tools to design a really credible, useful, fun and meaningful training session
- Innovative ways to assess learning Different ways of assessing learning will be examined and opportunities will be given to share best practice
- How you come across as a Trainer: You will be given specific feedback as to what it felt like to be on the receiving end of you and your training session
What we will explore?
Our Train the Trainer workshop is designed to develop and refresh the professional trainer's ability to run exciting and effective training programmes.
Training professionals spend a substantial proportion of their time training others. This session gives them some ‘me time’ to focus on best practice and share skills.
During the course of the day we will explore:
- Best Practice in Facilitating and Training
- Designing Training with different learning styles in mind
- Active Listening
- Cracking TED Questions
- Empathy, rapport and building relationships with learners
- Tone of Voice, body language and high quality language
What will I learn?
As a result of attending our Train the Trainer course you will have explored:
- The attributes of an outstanding trainer
- Tips and techniques around high quality Communication
- How you come across to others when facilitating
- Designing a meaningful training session
- Different ways to assess learning
- Different learning styles
- Dealing with difficult learners
- Ways to keep your learners energized and engaged