mental health awareness training.
In the workplace, mental health problems are a leading cause of absence with a staggering 70 million working days lost in the UK, costing businesses a whopping £2.4 billion each year.
If you are in need of urgent mental health support, please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free from any phone)
LET'S TALK ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS Training
A 2.5-hour training session, designed for colleagues and leaders.
One in four people will experience a mental health problem. In the workplace, mental health problems are a leading cause of absence with a staggering 70 million working days lost in the UK, costing businesses a whopping £2.4 billion each year. This course supports by helping to understand the signs and how to provide support.
why come on the course?
- Do you require a better understanding of Mental Well-Being?
- Do you want to raise awareness of mental health in your organisation/team?
- Do you want to know what your individual responsibilities are?
- Do you want to be part of a team where people genuinely value and support each other?
- If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, then this course is definitely for you.
What is it?
A theatre-based workshop in which we meet a number of colleagues that are either experiencing a variety of mental health problems, or are in some way impacted by others who may be suffering. The workshop is designed to be fun, engaging, and at times challenging. It will reflect some of the real-life scenarios that we experience in the workplace.
What will I do on the day?
With a variety of activities to engage participants at an emotional level, you will develop a sense of empathy for the characters you meet, and feel more confident when discussing mental health issues in the future.
embedding the learning.
Using a theatre-based learning approach to this course, we believe it helps really embed the experience of understanding mental well-being.
Because we experience first hand by observing a set of scenarios, we feel empathy and understanding with the characters and this helps drive a deeper sense of learning.
We can also support this with our blended and fully online course that can be used to top and tail our classroom-based experience.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand what it is we mean when talking about mental health
- Identify some of the common mental health problems and describe the typical associated symptoms.
- Proactively dispel the myths surrounding mental health and remove the stigma associated with mental health problems.
- Establish the link between mental health in the workplace and equality and diversity
- Identify typical examples of both helpful and unhelpful language used when referring to mental health problems
- Understand what support mechanisms are in place and be able to describe the referral process if they (or a colleague) are experiencing mental health problems.
Some faq's about Mental Health Awareness Training.
0.1 What is Theatre based learning?
0.2What are the benefits of Mental Health Awareness training?
Download our Guide to Mental Awareness Training.
Learn more about our approach to Mental Wellbeing Training.
Meet our team of trainers and facilitators.
To find out how we can inspire your leaders and managers to achieve their potential for themselves and for your business, please get in touch.