The full diploma takes between 24-36 months to complete, on the basis of 4-5 days of training per year. We can deliver this in a shorter timeframe. This programme includes units covering Leadership, Recruitment and Selection, Performance Management, Coaching, Giving Briefings and Presentations, Management Communication, Managing workplace projects and conflict and stress management.
Who is it for?
The Level 3 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership & Management are ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training and want to develop their abilities. This programme is designed to support managers who have career progression aspirations.
Why Come on the Course?
4 in 5 Managers have no formal management training, running the risk of “accidental managers” who learn from mistakes rather than having a clear structure and skills to rely on when managing their teams.
Many first time managers are promoted because of skills in their role rather than ability to manage and engage their team. This programme is completely bespoke and will be designed around modules and subjects that are relevant to your business – essentially what you want your managers to be doing day in and day out.
What is it?
A highly interactive, educational, lively and fun programme delivered by experienced trainers (who have been managers) and utilising our ted Learning actors on many of the courses to enable the chance to practice skills. Core topics could include: -
- What is the role of a Manager and what are the skills required to fulfil this role
- How to engage staff
- Managing & Delegating workload
- Giving Feedback & Coaching
- Mentoring Skills
- Understanding Costs and Budgets
- Performance Management
- Developing Your Leadership Capabilities
This programme can be delivered at three levels.
- Award – this requires 4 credits from the ILM and usually consists of 2-3 modules.
- Certificate – this requires 13 credits from the ILM and usually consists of 6-8
- Diploma – this requires 37 credits from the ILM and usually consists of 10-14 modules.
The programme can take 3 – 24 months to complete, dependent on the Level, number of modules and how regularly modules are delivered. We work in partnership with your business to agree the timescale that is right for you and the learners.
What will I do on the programme?
Each module will be completely bespoke and relevant to your business and role as a Manager.
You may have been a manager for many years but has the business supported you with formal management training? You may have had skills or technical training in your career but has that focused on how to manage the teams reporting into you?
Rather than learning how to be a good manager ‘on the job’ and through error, this programme gives you the essential skills to manage and inspire your team in a focused and structured way. Delivered in a fun and engaging way, giving you the chance to practice your new skills to see how it works and the impact your behaviour can have on others.
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role.
- Build your Leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams and manage relationships in the workplace confidently.
- Have a clear understanding of the skills required to be an effective Manager in your business.
- Understanding of the impact your behaviour can have on those working for you
- Clarity around how to get the best out of the people working for you.
- Having a real sense of pride in being a manager and that you are qualified to do the role.